UNITED WAY OF GREATER GREENSBORO
JOB TITLE: Campaign Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development
REPORTS TO: Campaign Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
UPDATE DATE: April 2015
Under the supervision of the Campaign Director, the Campaign Specialist is responsible for fundraising and implementing strategies that create growth in donor involvement and investment. The Campaign Specialist will be assigned a portfolio of accounts to research, cultivate and grow. Success is measured based on ability to articulate the United Way value proposition leading to broader awareness of United Way of Greater Greensboro, donor engagement and increased contributions. The Campaign Specialist will collaborate with colleagues, donors, and volunteers in a professional manner that supports the UW brand.
- Analyze corporate partner/donor history to support an annual strategy and action plan to build relationships while maximizing fundraising efforts.
- Maintain complete and accurate data in customer relationship database for all prospects/donors.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Resource Development team.
- Follow up with colleagues and donors with thorough information and questions.
- Meet with and make presentations to diverse groups including company representatives, individual prospects, small and large audiences and community members.
- Positively represent UWGG at external events including networking activities, partner agency events and other outside activities that contribute to relationship building and visibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Sales/fundraising experience and skills including the ability to network.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including demonstrated presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to exercise independent judgement and critical thinking.
- Superior interpersonal skills, both in-person and via phone, and a positive customer service attitude with the ability to infuse stellar customer service into all activities.
- Proven teamwork skills both within team setting and organization-wide.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data as well as maintain accurate data records.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Related work experience in fundraising, communication, or account management/sales
- Experience with non-profits and volunteerism
- Experience speaking and dealing with business professionals
- Public speaking skills
- Proficient Computer Skills – Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; database experience; comfort with internet research
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume by May 30th to Ms. Gavin Stevens, Campaign Director.
1500 Yanceyville Street
Greensboro, NC 27415
Looking for nonprofit jobs in the area?
Visit Guilford Nonprofit Consortium's Job Board for great leads.