Job Title: Support Specialist
Department: Community Investment & Impact; Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Vice-President, Community Investment & Impact / Vice-President, Marketing
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Relocation support is not available.
The Support Specialist is responsible for supporting Community Investment and Impact (CII) and Marketing & Communications staff. This position serves as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to UWGG. This position also serves as a primary point-of-contact with donors, volunteers, agencies and other partners. The Support Specialist coordinates with UWGG staff, volunteers, and partner agencies to advance projects. This role requires strong data management and organizational skills. This position provides administrative support and project management for key initiatives of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Reception area coverage
- Organize/maintain proper storage of electronic and physical files
- Update/maintain agency and program data and contact information
- Update/maintain volunteer data and contact information
- Develop/manage distribution, intake, and filing of agency mid-year reports, end-of-year reports, and all grant programs
- Assist with event management and day-of activities as needed
- Schedule–including meeting reminders and room reservations
- Manage RSVPs for organization’s events
- Assist administrative support with meeting room set-up, break-down, including audio, video, technical requirements, nameplates, refreshments, etc.
- Organize, compile and copy meeting materials
- Record and distribute meeting minutes
- Purchase orders and check requests
- Process expense reimbursements for supervisor
- Process meeting/conference/travel registrations and related arrangements
- Develop forms and materials as needed, within brand standards
- Compile program outcome and agency materials for marketing and communications
- Assist public with requests for information
- Support CII and marketing and communications teams as needed
- Other duties as assigned by managers
- Associate’s degree required
- One-year related work experience
- Proven initiative with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior Organizational and customer service skills
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer relationship management systems and Constant Contact experience
- Experience working in Data Management Systems
Three professional references required.
Deadline to apply is Friday, August 7, 2015.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Sharon Hunt at Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: “Support Specialist Position.” You may also send materials by mail to:
United Way of Greater Greensboro
Attn: Sharon Hunt
1500 Yanceyville Street
Greensboro, NC 27405
Looking for nonprofit jobs in the area?
Visit Guilford Nonprofit Consortium's Job Board for great leads.